Hey everybody. We have had a fun day here in the big city on our first official day. Howie and I went over to the clinic for my blood work and didn't have to wait very long at all which was really nice. It's amazing how many patients they see and how quickly they see everybody and ship them out the door.
When you visit any doctor and you see other patients waiting you sometimes don't know exactly why they are visiting the doctor. Here or at any other infertility clinic you know exactly why everybody is there. It still breaks my heart to see other couples going through this process. We all want the exact same thing, to be parents to healthy children. For so many it happens so easily and for other it takes a long walk and journey for that to happen. Howie and I know so well how blessed we are to have our Emma. We savor and appreciate every day God has blessed us with having her in our lives. As you keep us in your prayers please lift up the other couples out there in this big ole world who are walking this infertility journey. We all know that God has a special plan for our lives and sometimes that plan follows a different course than what we would hope it to be.
We did lots of walking today and Emma was a trooper. I have to say I wasn't expecting this hot weather up here in NYC. I don't think New York City was expecting it either. Some highlights of today was visiting Trinity Church. A beautiful church that was established in the late 1600's. They still hold weekly services in it. Just a few short blocks from the Church is where The World Trade Centers once stood. We walked down to where they once stood and looked out at the massive hole. I still become so emotional when I think of that day but to actually stand where those towers once stood so tall and proud was a somber moment. As tears came to my eyes my heart went out to all of those families whose lives were changes forever that beautiful September morning. Emma didn't quite understand why we were standing and looking out over this empty spot of land. Someday she will hear the story of how life as we once knew changed forever and how hatred for our Heavenly Father and this precious land of ours was attacked. I pray that during her lifetime she never has to experience another attack of that magnitude again.
Ok, so I thought when I started writing tonight I wouldn't have much to say... Guess I did after all :) On a side note Howie is heading towards Buffalo tomorrow morning for work. His company has a Job Corps center in Medina, NY so he is going to be working over there this week. He will be back on Friday sometime. Pray that he will have a safe trip and a good week while there.
I don't have to head back to the clinic until Tuesday morning. I will have some more blood work and my first ultrasound. I am excited to see how the ultrasound goes and to see how I am responding to the meds!
Love and blessings ~
Lisa
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the idea of you having a blog...pretty exciting! I am so glad you all had a safe trip...I hope everything else goes as smoothly.
On a side note, I am going to be in Bowling Green/ Scottsville on the weekend of June 28th. Will you still be up north?
Love you all!
Glad to hear that all is going well in NYC! Stay safe....love and prayers to you all!
Post a Comment