Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dogs, Dogs and more Dogs

Big dogs. Little dogs. Ugly dogs. Cute dogs. Dogs are everywhere up here. This might seem like an odd topic but this has been one thing that I have thought quite unusual. I love dogs and I guess that is one reason that I have noticed all the dogs. Where we are staying is not a big touristy area but residential. So why shouldn't these people have dogs like all of us back home in Kentucky. I guess what is so unique is that some of these dogs are really big and they live in small quarters. Their owners are out walking them all the time and the doggies are doing their doggy business ( which there is no grass for potty time ~ just the sidewalk you walk on ).

I just can't see our Jack dog up here living in the big city. Dad noticed that these dogs don't bark at each other but I have to say I have heard them bark this week. The tiniest of the dogs will just start barking at the biggest dog passing him by. I know, not at all what you were expecting to read but I just had to write about the dogs.

We are almost home!! As much fun as we have had we are both ready to be back home in Bowling Green. Emma has had such a good time with her Ma Maw and Pa Paw and of course visiting Taylor, Lake, Aunt Mollie and Uncle Buck has been a big highlight for her. Thank you all so much for taking such good care of my sweet girl!!

Today has been a good day. Yesterday we walked down the block for breakfast and then the rest of the day was spent at the hotel. I just rested and prayed and concentrated on good thoughts of our embryo. Howie went out walking for part of the afternoon which was good. I wasn't much company laid up in the bed and there are so many neat areas close to our hotel. You can walk for blocks and it doesn't seem like you have gone that far but really you could have walked 30 blocks and it doesn't seem that far.

I have been reading and holding on to a passage in Psalms. Psalm 37:7 has a been my source of peace and hope while here in NYC. As I was resting in our room I was also resting in my Holy Father. The verse tells us to "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in his way". All Howie and I can do now is rest and be patient. June 30th is our next big day and for those in the IVF world can be the longest wait. You are analyzing every twinge and pain and one of the meds I am still on can mimic pregnancy symptoms. When I was pregnant with Emma and was waiting for the beta test I began having cramps. I knew from other gals who were going through IVF at the time that those cramps weren't necessarily a bad thing but then again it could have been. If only there could have been a different type of cramp so you would know if it meant you were pregnant or everything was coming to an end.

This has been an unbelievable journey and we are believing that we will be bringing home the best souvenir we could ever take with us. We thank you for being with us on this journey while we have been away from home. We can't wait to see all of you next week!!

Love and blessings ~
Lisa

1 comment:

Josh and Jennifer Matson said...

Lisa, I am praying the 2ww flies by for you, I know how excruciatingly LONG this part of the process is!

Jennifer