Sunday, June 15, 2008

My retrieval time has been set

Can I just say that I am officially tired :) We had to wake up at 1:45 this morning for Howie to give me the HcG ( trigger shot ). Then at 6:30 we had to be at the clinic for a retrieval instruction meeting. The meeting went fine and there are going to be 9 of us ladies having retrievals in the morning.

After we left the clinic around 8:00 Howie and I walked to one of the many, many little cafes and restaurants and brought back breakfast for everybody. Dad had really wanted to attend The Brooklyn Tabernacle church while they were up here. We weren't able to last week so today we planned on going. The Tabernacle choir only sings at the 12:00 service so that's the one we attended. Jason had suggested we attend the church as well and I'm glad we did. They bought an old theatre in downtown Brooklyn back in the 1980's I think it was or maybe it's not been that long. The church is beautiful and what a choir they have. I have heard of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir but I don't think I have ever heard them sing.

We had a late lunch and did some walking and now we are back at the hotel resting. It's time to start getting Emma packed up and I'm not looking forward to having her gone. I am really going to miss her this next week. She can't wait to get home and spend time with Mamaw and Papaw and she is so excited about seeing Taylor and Lake as well. She will be more than fine and I know I will be too. It will be a nice week to have some down time with Howie and concentrate on this last week and just take care of ourselves and our little embies!!

As you say a prayer for us tomorrow and our healthy and mature eggs please say a prayer for these 8 other ladies. I have never officially met them but some faces were familiar from this last week. They are all hear and going through the exact same thing as we are. Pray that will have a peace throughout the remainder of the week and that their cycles are successful and their dream of becoming a mommy will come true as well.

Some specific prayer request for tomorrow:
1. Healthy and mature eggs ( if we can have at least 4 that would be wonderful! )
2. An easy recovery from the retrieval.
3. Safe travel for mom, dad and Emma. They are having to go to the airport without us so pray they will get checked in ok.
4. Pray for Howie has he has to wait for me and that he will be blessed with a peace as well.

We will update after the retrieval and will let you know as much as we know. We will find out tomorrow how many mature eggs we have. On Tuesday we will have our first Fertilization report and then our Transfer of the Embies will be on Thursday afternoon.

Love and blessings ~

Lisa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and praying for all your requests! Good luck and we love you!

Jen & John

Anonymous said...

I've said prayers all morning! Can't wait to hear how everything went today!
Love,
Kelli

Josh and Jennifer Matson said...

Lisa & Howie, many prayers from Cincinnati for better than expected maturity with 100% fertilization. We are also praying for Emma & your parents' safe return. I am looking forward to hearing the report tomorrow, be sure to get some rest today!

Love you!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

My prayers are going up for you as I type. I know too well the desire of your heart and I know that God's plan is perfect. Take care of each other and know that I love ya!

Trish

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you today and wish you all safe and sound.

Shell :)