
Nine years ago today I became Mrs. Howard S. Harmon. It was an absolutely gorgeous September day with warm temperatures and bright blue skies. It was a day I had been dreaming about long before I met Howie and it was turning into the dream I had wanted and had prayed for. We had met the year before and our first date was on my grandparents anniversary. I knew it was going to be special just for that reason. It was quite an interesting first date. It was a blind date and 2 other couples went with us on our first date. Makes for interesting conversation with 8 more ears listening in :)
We had dinner at the Parakeet ( which is no longer open ) and went bowling. We became officially engaged on St. Patrick's Day 1999 in Louisville at a friends party. Talk about shocked! I knew he had the ring but just didn't know when he was going to give it to me. We had known since November that we were going to get married but we just kept that a secret for awhile. We went through some difficult times in January 1999 when my grandfather passed away and. How I wished that he and my grandmother could have been there with us on our wedding day. Howie is a complete gentleman and he went to dad and asked for my hand in marriage.
It's been an amazing 9 years. Full of excitement, love, disappointment and some heartbreak. We started off living in this sweet little home in Scottsville. It was quaint and perfect for us and our 3 dogs, Maggie, Jack and Greta. Oct 2000 we moved into my grandparents home in Scottsville. Oh yeah, did I mention that he had his gall bladder removed on our 1st anniversary!!
Living in my grandparents was a wonderful experience. We brought home Emma to that house so it made it even more special for us. It was an older home and with all older homes comes problems and we had our small share of them but it was still our home from Oct 2000 - Feb 2006. In Feb 2006 we took the plunge and moved to Bowling Green to our new home.
Howie is the most incredible husband and God truly blessed me when he brought him into my life. He is patient. He is quite funny. He is strong. He protects me. He loves me. He his a child of God. That is the most important quality I could have ever asked for. Attending church has never been a question in our marriage and God has truly been there for us so many times. Having to deal with infertility could have really broken our marriage down but all it has done has made us stronger. We have cried tears of joy and happiness over the birth of Emma and we have cried tears of sadness and disappointment over our failed cycles and our loss last year.
Through it all Howie has been right there with me supporting me and loving me and telling me it's all going to be ok ( and kicking me in the butt when I needed it ). I wouldn't trade him for any other man out there. He is my best friend. The one I can't wait to tell what happened on Grey's Anatomy ( like he cares ) the one I cheer with on Saturday afternoon while watching college football.
So, this post is for my sweetie. I love you so much and thank you for saying yes to that blind date 10 years ago. Thank you for asking me to be your wife... I love you!!
Lisa
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! It is such a blessing to be married to your best friend, isn't it? I hope the next 9 years are even better!
Marianna
Post a Comment