We have been on overdrive lately with summer coming to an end and no more sleeping late and Emma beginning a new preschool. All changes and for the good but still nevertheless changes and time to adjust. She started her new preschool on Aug 5. She is now going 5 days a week from 8 - 12. A lot of moms would be celebrating to have those 4 hours all to themselves and as excited as I was for by big girl to be heading off on a new adventure my heart was being torn. I have had my sweet girl all to myself for 4 1/2 years. Yes, she has been in preschool / mother's day out since August 2005 but that was just for 2 days a week.
When we signed her up in April I just knew I would be pregnant with our second child in August and I would be preparing our home for our newest family member. That void was all to present as we were preparing for her big day. Thankfully in a crazy kind of way I had my Chez Ami parties ready to begin that week so not much time during the day to dwell on what wasn't but the next task at hand.
Emma had 2 rough mornings at drop off but by the time I picked her up she was having so much fun and she loves her new teacher. She wants to stay at school now and not come home with me! I am thankful that she is having so much fun and she is learning and growing and most importantly she is healthy. Thank you God!!
She has also started her 2nd season of soccer. Last year we were having meltdowns because her friends were kicking the ball away from her. Now she in on a mission to get that ball in the goal! She is amazing me and her daddy every Saturday on the field. Don't know if we will have the next Mia Hamm but she loves it and can't wait to put her jersey on. The girls named their team the Ponies :)
She and I did have one special treat that I hope to turn into a tradition every year the day before school starts. Emma was treated to her first pedicure and manicure. Let's see how old was I when I had my first mani / pedi???.... She loved the attention and the nail tech was so good with her.
So life is back into a new routine and we are doing really well with it. Another adventure that Howie and I have taken on is teaching 3rd grade boys at Sunday School. 8 year old boys are nothing like 4 year old little girls. So far so good but then again it's only been 3 weeks!!
I hope and pray all of you are doing well and are into your new school year routine.
Blessings and love~
Lisa
When we signed her up in April I just knew I would be pregnant with our second child in August and I would be preparing our home for our newest family member. That void was all to present as we were preparing for her big day. Thankfully in a crazy kind of way I had my Chez Ami parties ready to begin that week so not much time during the day to dwell on what wasn't but the next task at hand.
Emma had 2 rough mornings at drop off but by the time I picked her up she was having so much fun and she loves her new teacher. She wants to stay at school now and not come home with me! I am thankful that she is having so much fun and she is learning and growing and most importantly she is healthy. Thank you God!!
She has also started her 2nd season of soccer. Last year we were having meltdowns because her friends were kicking the ball away from her. Now she in on a mission to get that ball in the goal! She is amazing me and her daddy every Saturday on the field. Don't know if we will have the next Mia Hamm but she loves it and can't wait to put her jersey on. The girls named their team the Ponies :)
She and I did have one special treat that I hope to turn into a tradition every year the day before school starts. Emma was treated to her first pedicure and manicure. Let's see how old was I when I had my first mani / pedi???.... She loved the attention and the nail tech was so good with her.
So life is back into a new routine and we are doing really well with it. Another adventure that Howie and I have taken on is teaching 3rd grade boys at Sunday School. 8 year old boys are nothing like 4 year old little girls. So far so good but then again it's only been 3 weeks!!
I hope and pray all of you are doing well and are into your new school year routine.
Blessings and love~
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment